STERN – Platform door
- Great looking, reliable and proven design in the shape of the stern
- All driving parts are hidden in the frame, no service hatches in the platform
- Easy and safe electric-hydraulic operation
- Very accurate, smooth, strong but lightweight construction
- Plug and play – The door, the frame and the parts are assembled in the factory and will
- be delivered ready for installation on board
- The STERN Platform Door is as per rules and regulations of major classification societies
Specifications pictured hull door
Technical Specification hull door
Stern Platform Doors and the frames can be manufactured out of shipbuilding steel Grade A, stainless steel 316L or seawater resistance aluminium 5083. The Stern Platform Door is a welded construction out of CNC laser and water cutted plates and stiffeners. The Stern Platform Door is cutted out with high quality Newthex Parts. Hinges and latches are of stainless steel 316L. When closed the Stern Platform Door will be flush with the stern. Water tightness is achieved by a rubber seal or a vacuum rubber seal. Just for reasons of safety, no inflatable seals will be applied.
The Stern Platform Door is opened and closed by hidden hydraulic cylinders in the frame. The operating shaft has self lubricated bearings and watertight seals. The Stern Platform Door will be delivered with a hydraulic power pack, an electric control system and a position – and locking monitoring system. Sigmacover is applied at all aluminium parts and sigmaweld on steel parts. Stainless steel is pickled and passivated. Galvanic corrosion protection is achieved by using TEF-Gel, Sika ex 291, Lexan insulation sheets and synthetic inserts wherever applicable.
The Stern Platform Door is designed with Solid Works 3D software. The start will be the import of the ships lines from the designers or shipyards CAD system. Strength calculations are carried out with Cosmos Works. For accuracy and smoothness the Stern Platform Door will be assembled and welded in a plug. The door, the frame and the operating parts are preliminary assembled, adjusted and tested in the factory. The door will be delivered ready for assembly into the yachts structure. The door can be delivered with certi cates of all major classification societies.