RISING STAR – Accommodation Hinged Door
Machined out of one piece of aluminium
- Very good looking, slim, flush and luxurious door
- Smooth cover plate without gaps for clips
- Door is fitted out with stainless steel locking pins
- Easy operation by just one handle for central opening, closing and locking
- Very accurate, strong but lightweight construction
- ‘Plug and play’ – The door, the frame and the parts are fully assembled and tested in the factory and will be delivered ready for installation
- The door can be certificated by all major classification societies
Options and extra’s
Sub Accommodation hinged door
Standard dimensions: Opening height 2000 mm. Opening width 800 mm.
Frame to be discussed with designer, depending on shape accommodation and space available. Weight of the door and the frame: 80 kg.
The door is CNC machined out of seawater resistance aluminium 5083. The frame is also of aluminium 5083 or alternatively stainless steel 316L. The door is a proven Newthex design. It is tted out with high quality Newthex parts, a cover plate and a stainless steel pin locking system. When closed, the door is flush with the outer structure. Weather tightness is achieved by the NewThex special designed V- shape seal.
Sigmacover is applied at all aluminium parts. Stainless steel is passivated. Stainless steel parts in sight are polished according ‘Mirror 8’. Galvanic corrosion protection is achieved by using TEF-Gel, Sika ex 291, Lexan insulation sheets and synthetic inserts wherever applicable. The door is designed in Solid Works 3D software and strength calculations are carried out with Cosmos Works. Door, frame, operating parts and cover plate are fully assembled, adjusted and tested in the factory. The door will be delivered within the frame and ready for welding into the ship’s structure. The door can be delivered with certificates of all major classification societies.