PELICAN – Fore Deck Lockers
- Very nicely shaped lockers with a ush hatch, manufactured in aluminium
- Easy operation by just one handle for central opening, closing and locking
- Stainless steel gas springs supporting opening of the hatch
- Out fitted with a cover plate, stainless steel locking pins and stainless steel invisible hinges
- Very accurate, strong but lightweight construction
- ‘Plug and play’ – The lockers with hatches, frames and parts are fully assembled and tested in the factory and will be delivered ready for installation
- The lockers can be certificated by all major classification societies
Options and extra’s
- Night lock
- Pantograph hinges
- Stainless steel frame
- Fully finished, with filler and paint
- Other dimensions than standard
- Shaped according the ships construction
PELICAN – Technical Specification
Seizes and weight on request. Shape to be discussed with designer, depending on the shape of the superstructure and the space available.
The hatch is CNC machined out of seawater resistance aluminium 5083. The frame is also of aluminium 5083 or alternatively stainless steel 316L. The lockers are a proven Newthex design. The hatches are fitted out with high quality Newthex parts, a cover plate and a stainless steel pin locking system. When closed, the hatch is ush with the outer structure. Weather tightness is achieved by the Newthex special designed V- shape seal.
Sigmacover is applied at all aluminium parts. Stainless steel is passivated. Stainless steel parts in sight are polished according ‘Mirror 8’. Galvanic corrosion protection is achieved by using TEF-Gel, Sika ex 291, Lexan insulation sheets and synthetic inserts wherever applicable. The lockers are designed in Solid Works 3D software and strength calculations are carried out with Cosmos Works. The lockers with frames, hatches, cover plates and operating parts are fully assembled, adjusted and tested in the factory. The lockers will be delivered ready for welding into the ship’s structure. The lockers can be delivered with certificates of all major classification societies.